This post will list the changes that have occurred at EllisLab today. I’ll write separate posts for things I think deserve more detail. But for a quick “first look”, this is for you.
- New EllisLab site. ExpressionEngine, CodeIgniter, MojoMotor, and EllisLab all had separate sites. Now, they are combined, and have been completely redesigned.
- EllisLab has switched to a paid support model with support plans starting at $49 per month. This is a private support service. (I think this is great personally, and the Stack Exchange site couldn’t have come at a better time.)
- ExpressionEngine comes in one license flavor at $299.
- There is a brand new store. One you would actually want to use.
- Derek Jones has been named CEO.
- Volume discounts have been discontinued in its current form.
- Three months of EllisLab Support is included with your first license purchase. (Source).
And that’s what stands out to me. Stay tuned for more.