So, yesterday everyone was anticipating an announcement about EE 2 (which we got) but there was a big surprise, too: MojoMotor.
This new, lightweight content management system from EllisLab places them squarely in the same space as offerings like Perch. During the initial announcement EllisLab’s Derek Allard didn’t offer many details other than a preview video (which you can watch on the MojoMotor website) but later held an impromptu in-between session to answer more questions and share more information.
So, here are some details:
- MojoMotor will cost $49 US per license
- PHP 5+ is required
- Can run on either MySQL or SQLite3 databases(great news!)
- Requires a “modern” browser: Firefox 3+, Safari 4+, Chrome and Internet Explorer 8.
- You can import a MojoMotor site into EE 2 if you need to upgrade to a more robust solution.
- Uses a similar tag syntax as EE
There is still no word on when the new CMS will be available as beta or final release. Hopefully EllisLab will be releasing some more information soon.
To learn more about MojoMotor, you should check out the MojoMotor User Guide.